Admissions OfficeAdmissions Website
Net Price Calculator
Financial Aid OfficeFinancial Aid Website
Budget Cost Information
- Complete FAFSA online https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa DSU code: 003671
- Guide for setting up FSA ID https://www.usu.edu/financialaid/files/FSAIDguide.pdf
- Complete other requirements: if you are selected for verification (a routine review of your FAFASA) you will be notified by email. You will need to complete one or more verification forms and submit copies of your federal taxes (if you did not file we may need a copy of the Verification of Non-Filing from the IRS). Once verification is complete, DSU will submit any necessary FAFSA corrections before awarding you. If you are eligible for aid you requested, we will send you a financial aid offer notice by dmail.
- Review and accept your awards. Once you receive your financial aid notice, log into MyDixie to review and accept your aid. If you are accepting a student loan, be sure you have completed the additional steps:
- Enroll for at least 6 credits in your degree program
- Complete the Direct Loan Entrance Counseling
- Complete a StudentLoans.gov Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Complete Authorization to Credit Account form
(this will be in your MyDixie account or you can pick a copy up at the Financial Aid Desk or find it online Authorization to Credit Account form)
|Time Line (business days) https://financialaid.dixie.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/50/2018/08/Applying-for-Aid-1819-1.pdf|
|Day 1||Complete FAFSA online application SUBMIT AT LEAST 10 WEEKS BEFORE START DATE|
|Day 3 – 5||DSU processes application https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa|
|Day 6 – 8||DMAIL notification of award or notification of additional *verification requirement|
|*Day 1||Complete verification requirements online|
|* Day 3 – 5||DSU processes verification|
|*Day 6 – 8||DMAIL notification of award|
|Pell Grants are automatically accepted for the student|
|Loans require additional steps to accept (see steps above)|
|**5 – 7 days before school starts||Pell grants and loans will pay out 5-7 days before the start of school if the process has been completed on time and award letter received before the start date.|
**Freshmen have an additional 30 day wait time for the disbursement of a loans.
NOTE: If you are stationed in Utah on active duty military orders, or are a Utah resident stationed outside the state, you and your spouse/dependents likely qualify for resident tuition rates. For veteran or military residency exemption or admissions fee waiver, contact the DSU veterans office.
To obtain a fee waivers code when applying for the first time at Dixie State University (evidence of Honorable, General under Honorable circumstances or current service will be required) Please contact the Veteran Success Center for more information.